Short Sighted Cinema & Your Digital Data
These terms are entered into by and between You and Short Sighted Cinema CIC (“We”, “Our’, “Short Sighted Cinema”) (register community interest company #09770266 ). The following terms and conditions govern your access and interaction with Short Sighted Cinema CIC.
Short Sighted Cinema CIC promises to protect user data and ensure that our audiences are satisfied with our usages of their data.
We collect both personal and anonymous data via our website and third-party sites to improve our services. Any personal data is collected only with your consent. If you are concerned about how this may affect you, or wish to find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Mailchimp & Newsletters
- This data is given voluntarily through our newsletter sign up form. This data is not stored anywhere outside of Mailchimp.
- We do not collect or keep any unnecessary data.
- We will not share, distribute or sell your data to any third-parties.
- You can unsubscribe anytime via the newsletter footer.
- Data submitted will not be shared with any third party, or used for any other purpose than that intended by FilmFreeway.
- If you wish to remove your data from Filmfreeway, you should refer to https://filmfreeway.com/page/privacy-policy
- Any fees incurred to submit a film to ‘Short Sighted Cinema’ via Filmfreeway are non-refundable. It is the duty of the submitter to check the terms and conditions of the festival as according to the FilmFreeway page: https://filmfreeway.com/ShortSightedCinema
- The filmmaker retains the right to withdraw their film from a ‘Short Sighted Cinema’ screening at any time.
- Short Sighted Cinema CIC may use your email addresses to contact you about occasional festival submissions and news via the internal FilmFreeway platform.
Short Sighted Cinema & Your Film:
- Should your film be accepted into a Short Sighted Cinema event, we will request your explicit permission to screen the film. Short Sighted Cinema CIC retains the right to charge entry for these events or, in the case of a programme being hosted by a partner organisation or venue, retains the right to charge a programming fee.
- The film file will be stored by Short Sighted Cinema CIC indefinitely, unless permission is withdrawn by the filmmaker.
- Any future screenings of your film will require your explicit consent. We will not upload your film online, screen it publicly, or transfer the film to a third-party without your permission.
- Short Sighted Cinema CIC does not own the rights to any film screened at a ‘Short Sighted Cinema’ event. The copyright of remains with the filmmaker and/or creators. All legal responsibility is therefore that of the filmmaker, which, on agreement of screening with Short Sighted Cinema CIC, must be fully accounted for.
- Short Sighted Cinema CIC retains the right to refuse submissions and/or the screening of any films which has not obtained the required licenses, contracts or permissions, inclusive of individuals on screen and the use of audio and footage.
- Short Sighted Cinema CIC sells tickets to ‘The Shortest Nights’ film festival via Eventbrite. We will use your name and email address for administration but will not hold this data beyond the festival period, or use it for any other purposes. See how Eventbrite are complying with the GDPR [here].
- Other events may use venue / third-party box office systems to sell tickets. Please refer to the venue’s privacy policies to find out more. Short Sighted Cinema does not handle your personal data in this situation.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us see understand visitors to our website by tracking how you use our website, in a way that doesn’t ever identify you personally. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, by allowing you to log in or add items to a shopping cart. The website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies used on the website:
Strictly necessary cookies
Changing your settings
- if you have previously supplied personal data
- if you have previously agreed to us processing your personal information
- Right of access – you want to know if we are storing or processing any personal data about you, what purpose it is being stored for and/or request a copy of your data. Your data will be supplied as soon as is practical. There is no charge for making a request or for the electronic data file, but if the number and frequency of requests is unreasonable we may charge an admin fee.
- Right to correction – if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to erasure– if you want to remove your personal data from our records. We will remove the data as far as it is practically within our power, and where we are not legally obliged to retain it. To be unsubscribed from our Mailchimp promotional emails you should use the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the emails themselves.
- Right to object – if you no longer want us to process your data
- Right to complain – if you are unhappy with how we are managing your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).